This is a powerpoint based game where students identify the original speaker of each quote (Either Kanye, who calls himself "Yeezus", or Jesus). You're welcome!
- Projection Capabilities
How to Play:
I've seen these types of games played where the host of the night will walk throw a crowd and ask random people to play, handing out prizes to people that guess correctly.
I've also seen students come up front to see how many they can get right. And I've seen it where students come up, one represents the left side of the room and one represents the right side of the room and their team tells them the answer.
- Brush up on your scripture so that after a quote from Jesus is identified, you can put it into context and use it as an opportunity to teach, without students realizing it.
- Not all of these verses are NIV but trust me, they do come from the Bible. I thought about using the Message but it seemed too difficult.
- I love this game because it beautifully juxtaposes wisdom with folly.
Do what you think works best for your group. There's enough slides that you could turn it into several different games.
To download: click here.
Don't have PPT? More of a DIY kinda gal? Here ya go:
- I am a God
- One day the light will shine through and one day people will understand everything I ever did
- I'm like a tree. I feed the branches of the people
- With great blessings come great responsibility
- The only thing I want to do in life is help people
- You should only believe about 90% of what I say. As a matter of fact, don't even believe anything I'm saying at all
- I am so credible and so influential and so relevant that I will change things
- Keep your nose out to the sky. Keep your heart to God and keep your face to the raising sun.
- “I am the vine; you are the branches... apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:5 NIV)
- “So don’t worry about tomorrow... Today’s trouble is enough for today. (Matthew 6:34 NLT)
- “God blesses you when people mock you... and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you..." (Matthew 5:11 NLT)
- “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. (John 14:1 NLT)
- "...And remember that I am always with you until the end of time.” (John 28:20 GW)
- "...Those who use the sword will die by the sword." (Matthew 26:52 NLT)
- "...Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do..." (Mark 2:17 NLT)
Click images to enlarge.