The Joy of Painting is Pictionary
- A Bob Ross afro wig couldn't hurt
- A dry erase board / chalkboard
- Dry erase marker / chalk
- a list of words
We did this game to celebrate 2014 (the year of the horse). We used horse related words first and then moved on to common horse themed phrases. But you can re-write the game and make up your own words or phrases.
Divide your group up into teams (we just did two big teams) Have a leader up front at the dry erase board or chalkboard with your list of words. The leader will begin to draw a word off the list. The first team to shout out what is being drawn first gets a point. Keep going through the list of words and keep track of points that are scored. The team with the most points at the end wins.
- Have a leader be Bob Ross. It keeps the game running smoothly and enables both teams to play at the same time.
- It's hard to judge which team shouts out an answer first in games like these. Let the students know that whoever is judging isn't perfect and may be wrong from time to time but will try their best to award points fairly.
- HORSE HOOF
- COWBOY BOOT
- So hungry I could eat a horse
- Beat a dead horse
- Get off your high horse
- Hold your horses
- You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink